How To Export and Import Your PuTTY Sessions
If you want to copy Putty configuration from a Windows computer to another same version Windows computer, here is what to do:
- On a model computer, configure Putty to your desire, save and test it to make sure it works the way you want it to.
- Start/Run/regedit to run regedit tool
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\SshHostKeys
- Delete all values under this key EXCEPT the (Default) value
- Right click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham and select Export, then save it as “setup-putty.reg” to a location that you want
- Copy setup-putty.reg and the Putty.exe files to a machine that you want to copy Putty configuration to
- On this new computer, double click on setup-putty.reg to import Putty configuration
- Upon successful configuration import, run Putty.exe. You should see all Putty configuration there. You can safely delete setup-putty.reg since you only need to run it ONCE on each new computer that you want to use Putty with tthe same configuration.