Outlook 2010: Cannot save the attachment. Cannot create file:
When using outlook 2010 one of my users was getting an error that was saying…
“Cannot save the attachment. Cannot create file: message.wav. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder.”
She got this error when trying to listen or save an attached voicemail wave file.
This happens when your temporary internet files directories permissions get junked. I followed the Microsoft article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305982 to fix this.
If you are using Outlook 2010, follow these steps:
- Click My Computer, and then double-click drive C.
- On the File menu, click New, and then click Folder.
- Name the folder temp0.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security\
- In the right pane, double-click OutlookSecureTempFolder.
- In the Value Data field, type C:\temp0\ and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
You can also run their “Fix It” for this issue with success. The only issue I have found is that the second time this happened to the same lady I just deleted the temp0 folder and started over again.